Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overdrive button does not stay in place once pressed in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive button does not stay in place once pressed in.

My apologies if this has been covered already, and if so, could someone point me to the post. I could not find a topic or thread. My overdrive button will not stay depressed so I have had to tape it on. I cannot find any accurate info on the removal of the OD button/shift knob. I did read on Zdriver that you should just be able to tug the shifter up after removing the two forward placed screws. This does not seem right to me and the white connector that goes into the shifter shaft does not appear to made to be removed. Can anyone chime in? Thanks

You might have to get some trim removal tools and remove the trim around the shifter so you can gain access to the switch. Once you remove the trim, you could investigate to see what's causing the problem. XenonXcar has removing the auto shifter covered on his web page:http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/autotomanualswap.html

Comment

What is fiche section 4J08? Is Fiche another type of manual?

Comment

I removed my button years ago. I didn't remove any of the lower trim, but it would have made it easier. IIRC, it's just the two screws then lift. The OD button wire is retained and won't let the handle go far. However, you should be able to get the button out. Mine had a tab break that was preventing the button from staying in and with the button removed, the OD stays on.
        --------------
        Legal stuff:
        **Nissan Employee**
        Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
        '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
        '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
        '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
        '00 Corolla-- kids car.
        '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Working...
        X