Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustus Maximus
    replied
    I have Z32 conversion flywheel new in box.

Leave a comment:

• govbrown
    replied
    I'm using a z32 NA transmission, bellhousing, and starter. I had to slightly massage the trans tunnel to get the starter to bolt in. Not much though. I didn't shim the starter and am using a maxima flywheel. Every 20th start or so it misses the flywheel and makes an awful noise.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyZ31
    replied
    I’ve been away for a minute but when I get back home later in Late July and August I will post pics of the swap. I’ll be as detailed as possible. As long as the starter will mount up fine I should be ok but if it requires “massaging” that’s going to be something I need to address.

Leave a comment:

• FlawleZ
    replied
    I don't think the TT starter fits without massaging the chassis.

Leave a comment:

• nismopu
    replied
    Did you ever get this figured out?

Leave a comment:

• ArmyZ31
    replied
    Oh ok. So the TT starter should work with my combination as well. Would u happen to know if any type of shimming of the transmission or hammering of the tunnel would be necessary?
    Last edited by ArmyZ31; 04-27-2019, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nismopu
    replied
    The diameter is not an issue. The TT flywheel is thicker and that's why people clearance. Since you already have a TT trans. It won't be an issue. The diameter spec refers to the clutch surface area and not the ring gear.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyZ31
    started a topic Z32 TT transmission swap with bellhousing

Z32 TT transmission swap with bellhousing

I purchased a TT trans 1994 spec and has about 60k on the trans. I am swapping the transmission into my z31. I know there is a forum already explaining the process but I want to retain my bellhousing from the Z32 TT. I already have a z32/z31 hybrid flywheel from AASCO Motorsports. I’m using the 240mm sized flywheel with the ring gear from a TT flywheel which has a 250mm originally. Can anyone please tell me if I will have an issue bolting on the z32 TT starter? will I have to shave any part of the bellhousing? The reason why I’m trying to retain the TT bellhousing is because a pathfinder bellhousing or a z31 30a bellhousing was harder to find. Any insight on the situation will be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X