Hanging plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging plug

Was doing work on the Z, looked under the car and saw this plug laying on the ground. Haven’t jacked it up yet to investigate, terrible weather, but figured I would get a head start on it and ask what it is.

So what is this plug and what does it do? Located closer to the passenger side, by the oil pan.

Does the car start now? It almost looks like it is the selinoid trigger plug from the starter. It may not be that long but that's what it looks like to me.

The female end tucks close close to the frame rail but the one off the starter is longer. Maybe not that long. That's just my best guess could be totally wrong.
    Jeff
    71 240z

80 280zx 10th Anniversary

88 300zx Turbo, 89 300zx Turbo

Datsun Jeff

Comment

Yep, seems to run and drive just fine despite being old and higher mileage. Cranks fine, no warning lights, all in dash electronics work fine as well. Thanks for the help though. I’ll continue my research, but don’t hesitate to throw out more ideas.

Comment

5spd n/a trans have electrical connections for reverse light switch on the passenger side, neutral switch on the top.
        That looks like it could be either. Verify it in the FSM wiring diagram.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Thank you and I think you may be right. I crawled under the Z and it looks like the connector but can’t find where to plug it back in at.
          Last edited by Rimmsa; 11-09-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

So good news is that I’m 90% sure it’s the reverse lights. One connector is already connected and covered on the transmission. This plug is also wired to said plug, that’s already in/on the transmission, and can be followed up to the fusible link holder. I still can’t find where to plug in this second plug. I can reach for it and pull it up close through the engine as well.

Help with location of this second plug? Grey, two prong with no cover.

Comment

Working...
            X