Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Hooked up Backwards

Hi All,
    I went to change battery and hooked up battery the wrong way. Such an easy task and just wasn't paying close attention to what I was doing.

Immediately when I saw and smelled electrical smoke I unhooked the battery and corrected my mistake. Now as I expected, car does not start and gauges, radio, lights are all not working. Electrical is not something I know well(obviously). Where do I start and what damage can I expect to have? Fusible link box smells and definitely something fried in there. If that fries, does it protect the other electrical components in the car? Would replacing all fuses rectify the issue? Alternator? I don't know where to begin. My mind itself it fried from home reno and kids.

Thanks in advance

Start with the fusible links, if they did their job, everything downstream of those should be fine.
    The links are actually specific current rated wires. New replacements may be hard to find so hit up
    the facebook buy/sell group or steve at 300zxpartsforyou.com

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Good chance you may have fried your ECU. I'd open up the ECU and check for burned components and if everything looks OK try to perform the ECU diagnostic procedure as shown in the factory service manual.

Comment

Working...
      X