Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volt and Oil Pressure gauge on GLL digital not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volt and Oil Pressure gauge on GLL digital not working.

When I bought the car, the seller told me that the volt and oil gauge didn't work. It started working sporadically then I removed the gauges and the climate control to do some work on the wiring and to check the radio. I removed the gauge cluster completely and cleaned it. When I put it all back together today, the gauges did not work, no lights, no action. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I took the gauges out and removed the bezel and the lenses exposing the circuits, I plugged it back in and touched on a few of the components and I saw movement on the voltmeter. I then reflowed all of the solder joints and it is now working like a champ. I also went ahead and replaced all four bulbs and polished and sealed the smoke lens. I did this to the lenses because it looked like the previous owner tried cleaning them with a chemical that discolored them.

Comment

You'll find faulty solder joints are common in the dash electronics for these cars, but not everyone is proficient with
      a soldering iron. Nice Work!

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

• dbruce
          dbruce commented
          Editing a comment
          One of my big worries are the solder joints ... they have been redoing the roads around me for over 3 years . my 93 GChero has lost the overhead display due all the jarring ... and I've kept my z31 driving on the worst roads to a minimum ....
      Working...
      X