1987 TURBO ECU Bad Capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 TURBO ECU Bad Capacitor

HI everyone, So while clean up my 1987 Turbo ECU my dog knocked my ECU off the bench and damaged what i believe is a capacitor. All i can read on it is "006 cf". I have looked absolutely everywhere to find one but i can not, i even tried JECS Nissan ECU manufacturer info and couldn't find anything either, only that of the image from a 1987 ECU i found online which shows that same capacitor but with the markings "006 hf" I'm pretty sure the pic is of a turbo ecu but cant be sure.

I do have a NA 1986 ecu that i check and that one has a Marking "006 lf" I also tried looking at diagrams to see what voltages and such should be going to it but again cant come up with anything.

So what i was wondering is do you guys think im alright to just steal the "006 lf" Off my NA 1986 ecu and use it on my turbo ECU? I'm just worried since they are different for a reason. Im kind of out of options i really dont want to buy a new ecu "found 2 turbo ecus for around 350$ tad high for me" but this car is my daily driver and i need to figure this out as soon as i can.

Thankyou for the help everyone or taking a look I greatly appreciate it.
    Images below
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nissan 1986 since 16; 03-18-2019, 01:45 AM.

Bad dog!
    damaged as in popped the lead out of it?

600HF might mean 600 hectorfarad, a farad is a rating, like ohms are to resistors. But that is an insanely high rating for a capacitor.

Pretty sure that the one in the 86 ecu is HF as well, it's just that the stamp was not done very well.

The on in my 88T ECu also says 600HF, There are a couple EE's at work i can ask though when i get in to the office.

edit:

Talked to one of the EE's and he said it is definitely not hectofarad, but possibly high frequency.

It's a 4 lead custom package, that looks like an electrolytic capacitor but could be different inside. The leads are tied together into pairs via the PCB. One side goes to a mosfet and the gold colored electrolytic capacitor adjacent to it. It could be some sort of shielded inductor, but i wouldn't know without more invasive testing.
    Last edited by Z_Karma; 03-18-2019, 01:59 PM.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

okay that's great info thankyou very much.

I can be able to talk to my tech buddy if or when hes free, with your info and see what he will say .In the mean time i swapped my 006 LF from my na ecu. Im going to try starting the car and letting it run for 10 seconds, keep the ecu half way open to look and smell for problems.

Comment

No need to leave the side off, the LED viewing port doubles as a magic smoke escape port. Found this out on my SS.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

well tried my 1986 capacitor in my 87 ecu and the car wont start so i think I'm out of luck. Been looking to buy another turbo ecu at this point, have no other choice. thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
          X