Manual Climate Control Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Climate Control Issues

Hello, I have a Shiro with a manual style climate control. I have power at the plug and the air blows but it only goes to defrost. My A/C button engages the compressor as does any defrost setting. My bellows and vacume lines appear to be intact. I have a suspicion that my control box is bad. Any thoughts?

I had an issue where I was getting only full blast heat unless the blend door was all the way over to the left. Did the same, diagnosing the vacuum lines and bellows, and they all looked to be operating correctly. I changed the control box and that solved my problem. So I would locate a used one and swap it out.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will try to source one!

Comment

Probably a dumb question...but when you say control box, do you mean the actual dash control panel? Hot/Cold/air direction?
        My '84Z has the same type of issue. The temp is stuck on hot no matter where the temp controller is moved.
        Also, the air will only blow out of the windshield defrost regardless of which selector button is pushed.
        Last edited by Kevpilot; 07-01-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Reds89
          Reds89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, we're talking about the dash control panel. Grab a friend and have them move the blend door lever while you look under the hood at the heater valve that sits close to the firewall on the passenger side. If my memory is right for my car, that thing didn't move at all with my old control panel unless it was on full cold.
          As far as the defrost issue you have, this might be a culmination of leaking vacuum hoses and/or actuator bellows. I would try and find another control panel first and swap it out to see if it fixes your problems. If not, I would check operation of the actuators while a friend moves the controls. If you still can't see anything, pull the dash, plug the control panel back in the harness, start the car and fiddle with the controls.
      Working...
      X