Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roof lights, clock, car radio and dash lights not working anymore after I did this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof lights, clock, car radio and dash lights not working anymore after I did this

Greetings fellow drivers !

I have an unfortunate problem these days on my 1984 2 seater turbo.

Everything used to work perfectly, radio, lights (all of them), clock, dash...

Then I tried to swap my radio head. I took the old one off, found out that the harness was different for the new so I cut the wires to the harness head and fixed my new harness' wires.

I did everything according to the colours on this post :

I had no problem doing so. I just did the power, switched power and ground to check if the new radio was at least turning on and it wasn't. More than this, the clock above the AC wasn't working anymore.
    I tried to troubleshoot it by checking the fuses (driver panel kick are all fine) and tested the power (no constant power !).

So it seems something related to my constant power source is messed up, but I don't know where to look.
    I also found out my roof lights and dash lights are also gone.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me !
    Should I just go to my local car shop to ask for help..?

Thanks in advance, hoping you guys have a wonderful day !

Cutting wires on a harness like that with a finiky car like yours (ours) is never a good idea. I bought a wire harness that plugged into the stock one. You may have to take this one to a mechanic that knows their way around the electrical

I know many people DIY but with this car unless it is a fuse I always have the pros do the work. Take it to someone

Comment

• Nazha
      Nazha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah but I didn't have the stock harness, only an old JVC that was incompatible. The swap had already been done and was working !

But yes, I guess back to mechanic now.
Working...
X