Harness connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harness connector

I'm rewiring my car and need some help with a couple of connectors.

Pic shows a small yellow'ish connector is which exits the loom with the oil pressure switch connector on the pass-side. Not turning up much with research. Anyone know?

IMG_7132.JPG

Also, I don't have the wire/connector to the blade connector on the starter. From what I can tell, this the inhibitor switch which should be coming off the inhibit relay forward of the pass-side relay box. Is this correct? Can someone tell me where it exits the engine room harness?
    Attached Files
    1987 GL Slicktop | SS 729 Under Renovation

Re the blade connector at the starter, the connector coming off the engine room harness at 14E appears to be it. But the drawing is clearly not showing a blade connector. Can anyone tell me if there's a sub-harness ​​​that goes between it and the starter?

ERH_14E_to_starter.png

Comment

I asked my super knowledgeable z31 buddy. He said: "I think the wires he is looking for are on the sub harness that goes to the alternator."
      85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
      94 Maxima
      ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

Just verified on my SS 820. It's the connector for the oil temp sensor that is threaded into the passenger side of the oilpan.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by AzureblueZ View Post
          I asked my super knowledgeable z31 buddy. He said: "I think the wires he is looking for are on the sub harness that goes to the alternator."
          I didn't see it on the MT/alternator harness that I have—which came off an '87. Have a spare harness from an '84 which also didn't have it. Wonder if it's a wire that's bundled with that harness but not connected to it directly?

There's an '87 car in a parts yard not too far from me. I may try to head over there and see what's up tomorrow.

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
          Just verified on my SS 820. It's the connector for the oil temp sensor that is threaded into the passenger side of the oilpan.
          Right! Thank you, sir. I'd like to think I'd have figured that one out...eventually.

Comment

Working...
          X