Boost sensor on NA car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost sensor on NA car?

I'm helping a friend rebuild his heads after the timing belt went and bent a few valves, and while I was removing the AIV and other unnecessary things on the driver's fender, I noticed a sensor that wasn't in my car. It says boost sensor on it but this is an NA car? Is it needed for the engine to run properly or can we remove it with everything else.

It is for the digital dash if I remember correctly

Dont give up, build your dream Z

Comment

yes. i thought the same thing on my NA. but if you remove it, your tack on the digital dash will not function. do you have analog dash? if so, no need to worry. the plug is still there on the harness, but no sensor to connect to if you don't have digital dash. btw, when you remove your AIV system, there is a hose that connects to the big hose that connects to the MAF. you will need to block that off, or get an earlier hose from an earlier car that did not have the AIV system, which is what I did. i'm going to take a guess and say the Z is an 87.

just curious, how many miles did his car have before the timing belt went?

Bon

Comment

The car is an 86 with the digital dash. I didn't know that there were cars without the AIV system, I was just going to plug the hole with something like I did on my car. There is about 180k on the odometer, but we're not sure if that's accurate because it has kinda fallen behind the dash and you have to stand at a weird angle to see it at all. He bought the car with the belt broken.

Comment

Ah, i see. those belts need to be changed every 60K miles, so who knows. I believe the AIV was on the 86+ as the years of the Z31 went on and stricter emissions standards were being implemented, more changes were being made to cars in later years. my 84AE Turbo does not have the AIV. good luck on the build. while you guys are in there doing the timing belt and everything else, be sure to get a new CHTS with the harness. witht that many miles, you'll want to replace it and its almost impossible to get to when the engine is fully assembled and in the car.
          it still available from nissanpartsdeal.com

Bon

Comment

Working...
          X