Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking sound coming from dashboard? Vacuum hose thingies w/pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking sound coming from dashboard? Vacuum hose thingies w/pics.

Can somebody tell me what this is? https://imgur.com/a/quzvKlH

There's an annoying clicking sound coming from the dashboard around the driver/middle of it and I found out when I disconnect these hoses the clicking stops. One hose is some kind of vacuum and the other isn't but I have no clue what they're for and why they cause the clicking in the dash.

That small valve when open redirects a small portion of air to the lower vents when you have the vent selector at dash or defrost mode. You'll feel the A/C down there if it's a really hot day and you have shorts on. If it's making noise I would disconnect it and not worry about it. You likely wonn't notice any difference it made if it was working right.

Look on xenonzcar.com for the owners manual and you'll find the full function description there.

Comment

I occasionally get an intermittent clicking sound that seems to come from somewhere in the dashboard. I should try checking that..

Comment

I have heard that for years, never really found a fix for it but yet it doesn't really cause any issues. Mostly hear it when using A/C so vaccuum was always suspected but never convited of the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by badq45t View Post
          I have heard that for years, never really found a fix for it but yet it doesn't really cause any issues. Mostly hear it when using A/C so vaccuum was always suspected but never convited of the crime.
          Same for me. Sometimes it has either appeared or disappeared when switching some climate controls, but not always. Would be nice to finally figure this out.

Comment

I kid younot guys, I complained about this in 1986 after the car was already out of warranty (they only came with 1 year warranty) and they warned me they had no idea and wanted to know if I wanted to pay for them to diagnsis, I said no

Comment

Working...
            X