Another Heater Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Heater Problem

After swapping the 84T into my 87, i have no heat. It was 26 F outside today and my ass nearly froze off. unlike me, the car reacts very nicely to ice cold ambient air.
    According to the factory guage the engine gets up to temp after a few minutes of running, and the needle doesnt fluctuate while im driving. When the Climate control is on, cold air blows out. When the Climate control is on and i am at WOT, warm air blows out.
    The car is equipped with the auto HVAC unit, and it worked fine when my 87NA motor was installed. BTW my car is mostly stock, and all vacuum lines were replaced with silicone. I am still using the 87NA radiator (single core?) and i have installed a nice sized oil cooler.
    Why dont i have heat?

Thanks
    -Mike
    "produce first.talk second."

Mike,

Sounds like you may have reversed one of the lines going to the climate control unit. Try simply removing the vac line to the coolant valve above the heater core on the front of the firewall in the engine bay, this will give you heated coolant into the core for now. Then you can figure out what's up with the system later... much like I have to. ;-)

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Mike,

Sounds like you may have reversed one of the lines going to the climate control unit. Try simply removing the vac line to the coolant valve above the heater core on the front of the firewall in the engine bay, this will give you heated coolant into the core for now. Then you can figure out what's up with the system later... much like I have to. ;-)
      When i originally posted, i wrote that i had replaced all vacuum hoses. actually, i only replaced the underhood vacuum hoses.
      However i will remove that vacuum line from the plenum, so i can at least get some heat! This doesnt really solve the whole problem though...
      Anyone else?

-Mike
      "produce first.talk second."

Comment

Working...
      X