just make a guess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just make a guess...

So the other day i was helping a friend out on his farm, and he made me an offer, and it was "if you can get it out you can have it, it has a clear title".

the "it" that he was referring to was a 85 300zx that had been sitting for a few years now. after he said that i went to my car grabbed a battery i just happend to have in there popped it in (after checking oil and all) it turned over, and with some ether it fired and ran, but its only running on ether.

my question for you guys is, what is your guess, the next time ill be able to get out there its going to be colder than i would like it to be, i dont really wanna troubleshoot the whole system in a 5 degree windchill situation. any help and ill apriciate it
    85 N/A 300zx (vacuum cleaner)
    95 BMW 740i (daily driver)
    85.5 Porsche 944 e-spec (sold and missed)
    69 Impala 2dr coupe (ehh)
    89 Crown Vic (frame draggin' ole ladys ride)

Any idea on how long it has been sitting there?

Is there fuel? Fuel pump turns on?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Can you here the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key on.
      First thing I would do is get a new fuel filter and some fresh gas in a can.
      Then pull the old fuel filter and aim the hoes at the ground, put some jumper cables on the battery and carry the other end to the hatch.
      Disconnect the fuel pump harness that is under the carpet and hot wire the fule pump from the cables.Yes use some regular wire between the harness and the cables. Let the pump drain the tank. Then instal fuel filter and put in the fresh gas.
      Now you can rule out bad gas.
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

z

Comment

well it is a farm, but no tractor, BUT i could commendeer a cow, have it pull me out. but what im afraid of is that the actuall gas in the injectors has turned to glue and its all gummed up, is there anyway to get that out? (or i should say, most of it)
          85 N/A 300zx (vacuum cleaner)
          95 BMW 740i (daily driver)
          85.5 Porsche 944 e-spec (sold and missed)
          69 Impala 2dr coupe (ehh)
          89 Crown Vic (frame draggin' ole ladys ride)

Comment

Dont know about getting the glue gas out of the injectors but bad gas will definatly make a car not run well. OR in my case it wouldnt even start! Replaced the gas and it fired right up.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

ok, here is your problem. after to many years of sitting the gas turns to crap, and i bet you $20 your fuel pump is caked and coked with what will look like burnt syrup and be locked up. saw the same thing on the ae i bought that sat for 4 years. after new gas, new pump, new bat and new ign switch it fired up and idled surprisingly well.
              Attached Files

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
              good thing....

Comment

Working...
              X