No announcement yet.

yet another no start thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messed with it a week ago , But its pissing me off.

When i turn the car on for it to prime it makes a small buzzing noise ( fuelpump ), BUt not the noise its sopost to make when it primes , And the pump wasent running.

Take 12v source and ground straight to the pump and it pumps fine....

I just dont know where to start ... It just wont pump it self...

Comment

Maybe I missed it but did you ever check the fuel pump relay like Chris suggested? I don't think the relay is actually used after the prime phase though. Anyway if you want to check it it sits in a recess behind the panel on the passenger side of the cargo area a few inches back from the door opening and about 6 inches up from the hatch floor.

Comment

Yep its fine and i even replaced it just to make sure...

And i also hooked up a batt to the pump intank , and the car would not start ...

the injectors are grounded correctly , And they work if you hook up a 9v to them...

all my fuses and relays are fine , I have no idea what to do ...

get a another car ?

I seriously dont want to give up on this thing but yeah..

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: Yep its fine and i even replaced it just to make sure...

And i also hooked up a batt to the pump intank , and the car would not start ...

the injectors are grounded correctly , And they work if you hook up a 9v to them...

get a another car ?

just because the pump is humming doesnt mean it is working.. take off the fuel pressure line and put it in a bucket.. make sure that you have a good stream.. it should look like a strong water fountain.. now put a pressure gauge on it. it should hold 30+ psi. if you have good fuel volume and pressure then the pump is fine and your injectors are not firing, or you fuel filter or injectors are completely blocked with crud..

Comment

Yeah new fuel filter , Pump shoots water up into the sky...

Any other ideas ?

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: Yep its fine and i even replaced it just to make sure...

get a another car ?

No no no, dont give up on it.

Last resort= pull the fuel rails run the pump off of battery power to clean out the lines. clean out the fuel rails and the injectors. get new filter that you know is 100% good. put everything back on. put in a fuel pressure gauge to see if you got at least 30 psi. hard wire the pump. flip it on and try to start the car. if that doesnt do it then you need new injectors. assuming you have at least 30 psi. If you cant get 30psi put a set of vise grips on the return line after the FPR (if this works you need a new FPR). if you still cant get 30psi but the lines were flowing when you had it all unhooked and letting it clean by flowing out the line then you need a new pump because yours runs but wont build pressure.

If you replaced you injectors and you can get at least 30psi and still no start, then the problem is not in the fuel system. Could be spark or ecu
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: Yeah new fuel filter , Pump shoots water up into the sky...

Any other ideas ?
                wait................why is your pump shooting water???? :shock: water will ruin a pump.

Comment

heh i dident mean to put water ... Lol i was drinking at the time.

I got spark , FP is at 30 , Fuel gets to the injectors fine ...... Because i took the injectors off and ran the pump and the fuel shot out of the lines...

It just has some thing to do with some thing not getting a signal to make the pump run , AND the injectors when they are hooked up.

And the grounds for the injectors are fine since i know if you have tthem unhooked the pump wont prime or pump and the injectors wont work.

Thanks for the help though , And have a happy new years.

get the hell off of the internet and go have fun!

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: heh i dident mean to put water ... Lol i was drinking at the time.

I got spark , FP is at 30 , Fuel gets to the injectors fine ...... Because i took the injectors off and ran the pump and the fuel shot out of the lines...

It just has some thing to do with some thing not getting a signal to make the pump run , AND the injectors when they are hooked up.

And the grounds for the injectors are fine since i know if you have tthem unhooked the pump wont prime or pump and the injectors wont work.

Thanks for the help though , And have a happy new years.

get the hell off of the internet and go have fun!
                    Meh, the fiance is 7 months pregnant and feels like shit so she's sleeping which by default means I dont go anywhere tonight. :?

Comment

Working...
                    X