yet another no start thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another no start thread..

well the z has been sitting for about 2 weeks ...

there is spark , Yet no fuel...

Fuel pump and injectors have both been tested out of the car and are working correctly..

But for some reason when i put the key to the on position the pump will not prime , Nor send fuel when i turn the engine over...

The fuel pump fuse is not blown ...

The injectors are grounded correctly , And so is the fuel pump...

Any help i would love!!

Man TT.... There seems like there is alot that could be wrong.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Have you tried hardwiring the pump? Even jumping the pump with a spare battery would work for testing.

Comment

z

Comment

What color is it , I cant find any thing about them in my repair manuel...

Comment

cheezmonta wrote: Have you tried hardwiring the pump? Even jumping the pump with a spare battery would work for testing.
            Well i took the pump out and hooked it up to a 12 volt source , And it pumped .

So i know the pumps fine...

Comment

More info : Before it stalled out and i couldent get it started back up .

I would be driving along the road and have it in first gear , If i would take it above 2-3 k rpms fast the car would bog , And jerk back and forth...
              But if i went above 3k slowly it could drive ...

but shortly after i was on my way home to put the car in the garadge so i could check it out , It died and i was no longer able to get the fuel pump to prime...

-------

I put another 02 sensor in before all this happend , Maybe the wires came loose ? ( If that would have any thing to do with not letting the pump prime nor pump )

Comment

you can have no O2 sensor, the car will just run on open loop

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: you can have no O2 sensor, the car will just run on open loop
                  I dont think that would make the fuel pump not prime.

I think you should hard wire the pump. This will tell you two things. A. If the car will start the ECU is working. B. If the car wont start but the pump is pumping then the ecu is not working right.
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

yeah ill try that tommarow.

Or today what ever ...

I switched out ecu's with a spare i had laying around , And that dident help...

If the car starts with the pump hooked up to a alternative power source , If i cant figure it out , Could i just wire up the pump the to a ignition 12V source and drive it like that?

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: yeah ill try that tommarow.

Or today what ever ...

If the car starts with the pump hooked up to a alternative power source , If i cant figure it out , Could i just wire up the pump the to a ignition 12V source and drive it like that?
                      If you do that you should do it the safe way. Put the ignition source to a relay then have the relay power the pump.

Four wires coming off of a relay. one for power in(from battery). one for power out(to the pump) One for signal(from ignition) and one for signal ground(ground to chassis)

You should also throw a 20 amp or so fuse in there somwhere.

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: yeah ill try that tommarow.

Or today what ever ...

its not the computer and its not the pump, you have established that... the only thing between the computer and the pump is the fuel pump relay and some wires.. chances are its a bad relay. i wouldnt start hacking the wiring just yet.

Comment

True that^ What I suggested is a last resort.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                            Originally posted by MrwassmanNA2T
                            you can have no O2 sensor, the car will just run on open loop
                            I dont think that would make the fuel pump not prime.

I think you should hard wire the pump. This will tell you two things. A. If the car will start the ECU is working. B. If the car wont start but the pump is pumping then the ecu is not working right.
                            yeah, no i wasn't saying it would make the pump fail to work

Comment

heh , I have no idea where to start...

Comment

Working...
                              X