Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!!!!!HOT COOLANT STARTED LEAKING ON MY FEET!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!!HOT COOLANT STARTED LEAKING ON MY FEET!!!

....When I was using my heater this 38 degree morning, Hot Coolant started pouring all over my feet from underneath the Dash, WTF happened! Does any one know what component is over the drivers feet area thats related to the heating system...HELP!!!!

CRAP! AND LET ME GUESS, THERE IS NO SIMPLE FIX FOR THAT BUT RIPPING MY DASH OUT......

Comment

Help!!!!!!hot coolant started leaking on my feet!!!

Comment

F-IT!!!!,I'LL WEAR MY THERMALS AND DRIVING GLOVES INSTEAD!!!!!

Comment

fuelrags wrote: F-IT!!!!,I'LL WEAR MY THERMALS AND DRIVING GLOVES INSTEAD!!!!!
          that isnt going to solve the problem.. you now have an open hole in your cooling system and you will dump all of your coolant real quick. you need to bypass the heater core if you want to drive around with no heat. by the way, i had a heater core hose EXPLODE on me.. getting the thing out wasnt that bad, but with all the cleaning and drying of shit under the dash the job took me 21 hours total

Comment

YEP, I by-passed the heater hose, I live in L.A., it's only cold for maybe another 2 months if that....I'm cleaning out underneath the dash...what a mess...Japan made a bitchin muscle car but stuff like this?!they should have made the heater core more accessable.

Comment

fuelrags wrote: YEP, I by-passed the heater hose, I live in L.A., it's only cold for maybe another 2 months if that....I'm cleaning out underneath the dash...what a mess...Japan made a bitchin muscle car but stuff like this?!they should have made the heater core more accessable.
              seriously... i dont think there is an item on the car that is less accessible

Comment

Help!!!!!!hot coolant started leaking on my feet!!!

Comment

fuelrags wrote: YEP, I by-passed the heater hose, I live in L.A., it's only cold for maybe another 2 months if that....I'm cleaning out underneath the dash...what a mess...Japan made a bitchin muscle car but stuff like this?!they should have made the heater core more accessable.

HAHAHAHA you said 38 degree MORNING is cold. I leave my house every morning at 630 am and it is roughly 15 degrees out NOT including wind chill. WTF do you need thermals and gloves for!? 38 is a beautiful morning prolly highs of what mid 50's to 60 degrees?
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Ah..38 degrees would be like heaven compared to what's going on now.

I was working outside yesterday morning, a nice fresh 14 degrees...
                    It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

La, i live there. I don't HAVE a heater anymore :lol: , But i understand your pain.

Wanna buy a heater core??

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Just buy a new nissan heater core. The removal of everything is not hard, just time consuming. The dash is easy to pull once you know there are bolts under the defrost vents. It is also a good time to replace all the vacuum hoses for the a/c. Get all the parts and you should be able to do it over a weekend.
                        Chuck Stong
                        300+ Parts and Performance owner
                        http://www.300-plus.com
                        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I have a good spare heatercore, no leaks or corrosion, $40 shipped?

Comment

Thanks guys, but I'll pass on all that labor just for a Heater Core. I'm really bummed, everything has worked Bitchin' on my car for the past 20 years,now this......

Comment

Didn't someone once post a writeup on how to replace the heater core by going through the glove box? Can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X