Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace your cat and O2 sensor.

Comment

put timing to stock -- i've found this is a HUGE factor as you can already see in your own numbers.
      93 octane gas
      fuel injector cleaner

run the car for a good 30 miles before the test (spirited driving) and have it immediately tested.

if all else fails, look at all the tune up type items, and finally... the cat.

cheaper is better right?
      Daily:
      09 2.5SL Altima Grey
      08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
      11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
      Z31s:
      88t Grey
      86t Pewter

Comment

Posting the numbers really help. As close as you are, use some denatured alcohol. So far, I have been able to get every z31 to pass.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

um if he sets his timing to stock he better be using 87 octane gas.... high HC means he has unburned fuel which is the same as running rich or retarded....

if you run 93 octane on a stock ecu then you have to advance beyond stock to maybe 25-28 degrees

as for the co2 you won't do anything about that without shrinking your engine... but the co (toxic) needs to be catalyzed into co2 (safe) and if the cat isn't working then that won't happen....

Comment

Ok I just installed an air/fuel ratio gauge and when I floor it the gauge is pegged rich. So i am thinking of buying an adjustable fuel pressure regulator,... do u think that would solve my problem

Comment

TurboZkid wrote: Ok I just installed an air/fuel ratio gauge and when I floor it the gauge is pegged rich. So i am thinking of buying an adjustable fuel pressure regulator,... do u think that would solve my problem
              Is it a wideband?
              Chuck Stong

Comment

[quote]Firehawk wrote:
                Originally posted by TurboZkid
                Ok I just installed an air/fuel ratio gauge and when I floor it the gauge is pegged rich. So i am thinking of buying an adjustable fuel pressure regulator,... do u think that would solve my problem
                Is it a wideband?
                no its narrow band

Comment

[quote]TurboZkid wrote: [quote=Firehawk]
                  Originally posted by TurboZkid
                  Is it a wideband?

no its narrow band
                  Then it is supposed to peg it rich when you floor it.
                  Chuck Stong

Comment

TurboZkid wrote: Ok I just installed an air/fuel ratio gauge and when I floor it the gauge is pegged rich. So i am thinking of buying an adjustable fuel pressure regulator,... do u think that would solve my problem
                    Look, you've been told what you need to do, check EGR, tune it up (with new O2 sensor), replace CAT, in that order. If you don't want to fix it then stop posting.

Comment

if you really wanna pass without having to spend money, do what i told you to do. piss pound the hell out of it before you get there, make sure the engine is as hot as possible. and set the AIV to run all the time. This will put oxygen into the exhaust and will help to facilitate burning of unburnt fuel and lower your PPM on everything by increasing the amount of exhaust volume.
                      Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: if you really wanna pass without having to spend money, do what i told you to do. piss pound the hell out of it before you get there, make sure the engine is as hot as possible. and set the AIV to run all the time. This will put oxygen into the exhaust and will help to facilitate burning of unburnt fuel and lower your PPM on everything by increasing the amount of exhaust volume.

Ok thanks, will do but its still unclear to me on how to adjust the AIV

got boost? wrote:
                        Look, you've been told what you need to do, check EGR, tune it up (with new O2 sensor), replace CAT, in that order. If you don't want to fix it then stop posting.
                        Listin iam just trying to figure out the cheapest way the fix my problem and maybe learn something at the same time.
                        bein 16 I don’t have money to just go out and buy o2 sensors and cat’s and hope it solves my problem…. So please get your panties out of a bunch,… thanks

Comment

If you don't want to spend much money to pass do as Firehawk told you on the 11th. Run your tank down to almost empty and add some Denatured alcohol. I did the same thing to get my '75 FJ40 Landcruiser to pass. Passed with flying colors, ran like shit for the next tank, but hey it passed.
                          Once you get passed then you can figure out what is wrong and fix it.
                          ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

still need help how do u go about testing the EGR system to make sure its working correctly? beacuse my nox is the killer...they say the combusion chambers too hot...

Comment

Working...
                            X