Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch Pedal is all fuxored up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Pedal is all fuxored up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Changed out the clutch master cylinder, changed out the slave cylinder, took out the clutch damper and replaced that with a 280ZX Brake hose, bled the system, and am using a BRAND NEW DXD Stage One Rally Series Street clutch.

Now the problem...
    The pedal is extremely soft, and continues to be SUPER soft all the way until its down almost to the floor, it gets hard when its 30% close to the floor, and continues to be hard until it is depressed fully.

The Clutch Rod Adjustment underneath is screwed in as far as it can go, and turning it the other way makes the pedal even softer...
    We are CLUELESS on whats going on.

Firhawks goign to change the clutch line and re-install the clutch damper tomorrow to see if changes anything...

Other than that were completely clueless, this is the ONLY thing keeping my Z to be driven.
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Re: Clutch Pedal is all fuxored up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1SIKZ31 wrote: Changed out the clutch master cylinder, changed out the slave cylinder, took out the clutch damper and replaced that with a 280ZX Brake hose, bled the system

Firhawks goign to change the clutch line and re-install the clutch damper tomorrow to see if changes anything...
    I seriously doubt that removing the damper is the issue. My guess is that you still have air in the system or you have a line that is leaking/sucking air. You changed out a lot of items and got a boat load of air in the system. It can take some time to get it worked out.

Was the 280 line new or old?
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Re: Clutch Pedal is all fuxored up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
      Originally posted by 1SIKZ31
      Changed out the clutch master cylinder, changed out the slave cylinder, took out the clutch damper and replaced that with a 280ZX Brake hose, bled the system

I seriously doubt that removing the damper is the issue. My guess is that you still have air in the system or you have a line that is leaking/sucking air. You changed out a lot of items and got a boat load of air in the system. It can take some time to get it worked out.

Was the 280 line new or old?
      Before we changed out anything, we had the car up and running...
      and it was doing the same thing (soft then hard pedal).

So we changed out the slave cylinder and re-bled it, doing the same thing..
      So we went out and ordered a master, and installed it, and bled it... same problem...

the 280ZX Mod has actually been on the car and is only 6-7 months old and i HIGHLY doubt anything is sucking in air.

The car wont shift in to the next gear unless u wait for a couple of seconds between shifts and if u try to shift it without waiting it will grind...

Im SOO frustrated.

Firehawk assumed its the clutch hardline, he said that if its crimped anywhere it could slow down things inthe system or something like that I dont remember exactly.
      1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
      ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
      1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

Why is this not in the repairs section?
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

I've bought new parts before just to have them turn out bad, as in your case of the clutch master cylinder. Try returning it for a replacement. Happened to me with either my clutch master cylinder or the brake master cylinder, can't remember which. Bled the friggin hell out of it, went through a whole big bottle of fluid and still had a soft pedal. Replaced unit with another one and after the first bleed the pedal felt fine again. Just a thought.
          89 Black Z 5spd, tokico hp, msa springs, k&n cone, dynomax racemagnum muffler, stanza tb.

Comment

Working...
          X