Car runs perfect then looses spark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car runs perfect then looses spark.

It will run perfect one second then loose spark. It wont start for about 5 minutes then it starts up and runs perfect. I checked it had no spark once when it died and would not start. This is with my new addition to my fleet an 1985 NA. I cant get to a computer to easy so i will be back when i can.
    Loc Dog dont ride for no trick ass bitchs....WORD!

Could be Crank Angle Sensor causing an intermittent fault...seen it happen on a couple of older Maxima's but never on a Z.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

I will take the one off my 86 and put it on to see if that is the problem i dont feel like spending $250 to not have that be the reason thanks for the idea on life though. The parts store says they can get one and i couldnt find one on courtesy is there any other places to look. I would rather have a nissan part than a parts store part.

Comment

Buy a used one. I sell them, and mine are tested, so no doa's.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: Could be Crank Angle Sensor causing an intermittent fault...seen it happen on a couple of older Maxima's but never on a Z.
          ive had this happen before. its a definite possibility

Comment

If you have a real nice automotive multimeter and FSM you can monitor the CAS output, but I doubt you have access to one?

Also could be the coil or coil wiring. It's worth testing if it's not the CAS.

Comment

I gots acces to a fluke but i am ghetto murdock style i switched the part and this does appear to be thy problem so thank you to tarrisblue. word

Comment

damn you have hella cars hahahaha,are they all insured?
                87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

Working...
                X