Ecu causing no spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecu causing no spark?

ok well my z has been sitting at the mechanics for 2 months , And today he told me its not sparking because the ecu is fried ????

Could and ecu being fried stop a car from sparking ?!?!?

Possibly.
    Power transister?
    CAS?
    Fussable links?
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

ecu would not be my first guess. Did he even run codes?
      Chuck Stong
      300+ Parts and Performance owner
      http://www.300-plus.com
      2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

ECU often gets wrongly accused for whatever issue cant be figured out.

The probability that your ECU is bad is very damn slim.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

well what happened was i was driving along regular speed and i went to go accel , And it started to choke ... I could drive at like 3k rpms and accel slowly but if i did it any faster then slow the car would buck.... after that i could get no spark.

What do you think it could be ?

Comment

also power wasent getting to the fuel pump... I would have to hook up a external power source ....

What the mechanic was telling me was , There 3 cables for the igition , one from the coil to the ignition , One from the ignition to the coil then one from the ignition to the ecu...

he said one of them had a short in it , witch " Fried " my ecu...

Comment

any one ?

Comment

open the ecu? you'll see scorches if it did most likely....

and btw the 86 parts car I had a fried ecu and it would run (spark) if I provided fuel via dribbling it onto the filter

Comment

Any one know if the ignition coil has some sort of ground on it , And what is the almost heatsink looking thing screwed onto bottem of the mount for the ignitioncoil ?

It has 2 plugs on it , And only one of them i can find a open connector for..

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: Any one know if the ignition coil has some sort of ground on it , And what is the almost heatsink looking thing screwed onto bottem of the mount for the ignitioncoil ?

It has 2 plugs on it , And only one of them i can find a open connector for..
                    heatsink? only the power transistor has a heatsink as an integrated bracket, pathfinder p/t's were plastic coated and bolted to the plenum, so I really wonder how much cooling they need.... the p/t and coil each only have 1 connector (excl. spark wire).... or are we talking about some other device?

Comment

Its another ignition piece ...

It has 2 connectors coming from it , one 2 prong and the other 4 prong .

And its bolted to the bottom of the mounting bracket for the ignition coil.

what is that ?

because it has 2 connectors coming off of it but only 1 is hooked up, and i cannot find the other connector that goes in it..

Comment

VG30ETT wrote: Its another ignition piece ...
                        take a pic

Comment

ignition modugle

Comment

Would this not being plugged up all the way be the cause of no spark ?

because it has 1 open connecter.

Also , Is there any tutorials on reading the ecu codes?

Comment

my car just recently as of this week did not want to fire, it cranked and cranked but no fire. I checked and has no spark. checked the ecu code and .. code 11 = CAS or CAS circuit.
                              Gone - 1988 Shiro
                              2004 BMW 330Ci
                              2005 BMW 330i
                              1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                              http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

Working...
                              X