spark plug broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug broke

well i was changing the spark plugs in my friends 85,i got them all out except the 5 spark plug,it was so tight that when it finally got it off everything came out but the threads and those are still in the head,so we took it to a mechanic and he said it wold take him about an hour or less when he finally gets to it,but i wanted to know if any of you guys have had this problem,or is there a special tool to get it out?thanks
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

E-Z out
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

You will probably have to tap the threads to cut out the left over junk and make sure the threads are clean. Re-cutting the threads to get the plug remnants out is one thing. Getting all the metal pieces out of the cylinder is another.

I have a long reach magnet that has a U-joint near the end that would fit down through the plug hole. Something like that should get most of the metal shards out, but I would definitely take plenty of time making sure I was dang sure I had that cylinder free of debris.
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

well its at a shop right now so if they fuck somethin up they have to take the heads off for free hahahahaha :twisted:

Comment

Be careful with that. If they leave the heads on to fix the threading issue, which very well could be the case, then you may not know for a while what kind of f-up they really did if they leave metal shrouds in the cylinder.

A good shop wont do something that stupid but some idiots will.
          Performance costs money.

Comment

is there a special reason that nissan put the spark plugs in that location,because i think its a bitch to change them

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: is there a special reason that nissan put the spark plugs in that location,because i think its a bitch to change them
              as opposed to spark plugs on a caravan where two are only accessible from underneath?

or how about gm's preferred location next to the exhaust where it gets extra toasty?

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: is there a special reason that nissan put the spark plugs in that location,because i think its a bitch to change them
                Ive seen worse.
                Performance costs money.

Comment

They won't tak the heads off "for free" regardless of what happens. If shops worked like that people would take them impossible jobs all the time and exp[ect free work.

Comment

easy enough, just use the wrench that came with the car

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

we got the car back it doesn't run like it did before we took it in,the engine shakes,did an oil change still does it,took the dipstick out and it was stuck when i finally got it out the end was chewed up,wtf?oh and for some reason the dipstick is on the pass side,all the z31s ive owned had it on the drivers side,was my boys z rigged?

Its an 84 body with a 85 engine i think,because i noticed his turbo is watercooled and 84s weren't watercooled,when he bought the car it was registered as an 84 but came with an 85 owners manual :?

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: we got the car back it doesn't run like it did before we took it in,the engine shakes,did an oil change still does it,took the dipstick out and it was stuck when i finally got it out the end was chewed up,wtf?oh and for some reason the dipstick is on the pass side,all the z31s ive owned had it on the drivers side,was my boys z rigged?

Its an 84 body with a 85 engine i think,because i noticed his turbo is watercooled and 84s weren't watercooled,when he bought the car it was registered as an 84 but came with an 85 owners manual :?
                        They must have installed the oilpan with the dip stick in there...

Your buddys car sound like a lemon, get it running and sell that thing

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: took the dipstick out and it was stuck when i finally got it out the end was chewed up,wtf?
                          Did the shop you took it to pull the engine or remove the oil pan? As mentioned above Ive heard that happen when the oil pan is replaced with the dipstick still in.

87-85turbo wrote:
                          oh and for some reason the dipstick is on the pass side,all the z31s ive owned had it on the drivers side,was my boys z rigged?
                          :shock: now that is odd. I don't recall seeing anywhere on the passenger side block for the dipstick. I cant see well enough on my 85 when I just went out to look at it because of the header, oil filter and oil pressure sender. I wish I had my spare engine here to look at real quick.
                          Performance costs money.

Comment

maximas and various other nissans had it on the other side.... good bet the motor didn't come from a z, and therefore non-turbo 9:1, so which injectors does it have?

Comment

idk hes sellin it now,for someone reason its now overheating,coolant is leaking from the back near the back of the pass head and smoke rises from the pass head,im thinkin its a headgasket,all of this started happening after the shop easy outted the spark plug and probably left metal in the cylinder hahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X