Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does someone had this same problem?? (UPDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does someone had this same problem?? (UPDATED)

84' Nissan 300ZX NA.

Everyday I go to the university or some other far place, I start the engine and I let it warm up for 1-2 mins. Engine runs perfectly like new(its a VG30E rebuilt). Car runs good and have excellent horsepower. But after 5-7 minutes, I accelerate the car and it seems it starts to fail and backfiring a lot.

The weird thing is that I turn off the engine and I start it again, and runs perfectly again but after 5-7 minutes, same problem.

I ran the codes and gave me only 3 1 >> A/C

Anybody, had this problem??
    84' 300ZX 2+2 NA (Hardtop)

Re: Does someone had this same problem?? ......

BlueThunderZX wrote: 84' Nissan 300ZX NA.

Everyday I go to the university or some other far place, I start the engine and I let it warm up for 1-2 mins. Engine runs perfectly like new(its a VG30E rebuilt). Car runs good and have excellent horsepower. But after 5-7 minutes, I accelerate the car and it seems it starts to fail and backfiring a lot.

The weird thing is that I turn off the engine and I start it again, and runs perfectly again but after 5-7 minutes, same problem.

I ran the codes and gave me only 3 1 >> A/C

Anybody, had this problem??
    i had a very very similar problem when i had a stock computer.. turned out to be a bad 02 sensor.

Comment

others have suggested chts harness for this symptom... but it is definately a sensor or the wiring to it, the heat makes something disconnect

Comment

Check the chts with an ohm meter, don't rely on the codes. Also, check your timing after the car is fully warmed up.
        Chuck Stong
        300+ Parts and Performance owner
        http://www.300-plus.com
        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

yeah, just entering the fuel enrichment warm up mode. chts sounds right

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

WHAT is a chts? :?

Sorry for my english

Comment

BlueThunderZX wrote: WHAT is a chts?
              z31 acronyms

And you may want to look here: http://z31.com/repairs/chts.shtml

Comment

What I can check if is not the chts??

Comment

BlueThunderZX wrote: What I can check if is not the chts??
                  it happens after 5-7 minutes of running.. the computer enters closed loop at 60 degrees celsius which probably occurs in that timeframe.. the O2 sensor is bad

Comment

OK. Bad news. I cheked the chts with an ohm meter, works good and I checked the fuel temperature sensor and its good too. And im still have the failure. What else I can do??

Does this have something about the ECU if its bad??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

O2 sensor would be my next check if I were you. (as mentioned previously)
                      Just stand back and throw money.
                      Performance costs money.
                      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Unplug o2 and see if it stops happening. I check o2's at my shop with a wideband to see if they are keeping the afr in check.
                        Chuck Stong
                        300+ Parts and Performance owner
                        http://www.300-plus.com
                        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

It was a spark plug problem...

After washing all the cars, I desired to look again what was going on in the Z. I started checking the ignition and the spark plugs. Look what I found...

The weird thing is that these spark plug doesnt have more than 6 months. The "too black" spark plug is from the piston #1 and the cracked one is from the piston #4. I changed the 6 spark plugs with I new ones and the problem disappeared .

But I better start cheking the timing on the piston #1. Any help?? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X