What Happened???? :'-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened???? :'-(

I went driving today, and everything was going great. It was boosting fine, the gears were shifting pretty good, then.....just about nothing.

It WILL NOT boost, it is very shaky, and it's acceleration is almost non-existent..... what happened? there is one bar at the bottom of the oil guage, so i am pretty sure i have SOME oil, and since it was still running i know that the motor isn't locked up. i didn't hear any pinging noises so i know i didn't detonate....so why won't i boost? Did my MAF just go out all of a sudden???? Please help, i really like this car...and i want to drive it more.....

Thanks for all your help

-Typhoone
    my buddy is goin to NOPI this year, i'll be IN NOPI next year. :-)

Did you drive it with one bar on the oil pressure gauge?

Comment

Sounds like a vacum leak. Have you checked the turbo up pipe that connects from the turbo to throttle body?

Comment

yes I drove it with one bar. I didn't notice it only had one bar till I parked it. :-(

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Sounds like a vacum leak. Have you checked the turbo up pipe that connects from the turbo to throttle body?
          My thought as well. Check that possibility first.
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

typhoone wrote: I didn't notice it only had one bar till I parked it. :-(
            Oil pressure is always lowest when at idle.
            imagination is a virtue

Comment

can you tell me how to get to it, what to do, etc...I know about cars, not how to work on them. lol

Comment

:? righty=tighty lefty=loosy
                imagination is a virtue

Comment

thanks, I needed a laugh. what I meant is what should I look for? what does the up-pipe look like? how hard is it to get to?

Comment

Goes from throttle body to turbo.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

As stated by MikeZ it is the pipe that connects the turbo to the throttle body.
                      You will need to lift the hood and assest the situation.
                      imagination is a virtue

Comment

thank you very much, I will see what I can do tomorrow or saturday when I get a minute free.

Comment

p.s.- sorry I sound like a retard but this really scared the hell outta me. that was only the second time I have been able to drive the car. :'-(

Comment

I FIXED IT!!! lol, i know it isn't a huge thing, but i fixed it myself, no garage, no buddies looking over my shoulder, no anything but me cussing at my knuckles for continuously hitting somthing stronger than them. lol. i found the problem the other day, but i just overlooked it. The first small pipe that connects the turbo to the intake was the problem. i have pushed it on harder a couple times, then i noticed a little orange thing sitting around the turbo. Well, i called up Eric, the guy i got the Z from, and asked him exactly what that was, considering i have never seen one of those for a turbo package before. Well, aparently that first pipe was pretty loose, and he decided to place that in the entrance to that pipe so it would be a nice tight fit. Well, i took off that pipe, placed the orange piece back in, replaced the piping, tightened down everything, and went for a ride.....AND IT WAS PERFECT. the dash was fine (it was out the other day), the turbo spooled all the way up, and i was SOOOOOOOOO happy. so YAY ME!!!!!!!!!! just thought i would say all that fun stuff.

Comment

Awesome. Dam, you have tons of fun learning experiences in front of you.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                              X