Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo computer on an NA?

well, my computer is fried.

i figured since i was putting a turbo on anyway. why not stick a turbo computer on.

do you think it'll be alright to run it with the NA injectors until i get my turbo on?

No, put turbo injectors in with the turbo ecu even if there is no turbo on the car. Make sure the injectors are the right impendence for the ecu. The O2 sensor has to match the ecu as well.

Comment

Is this the result of your other post about thinking the MAF was toast?

If so that is pretty interesting. ECUs don't often just fry.

Any idea as to the cause?
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Elliott wrote: No, put turbo injectors in with the turbo ecu even if there is no turbo on the car. Make sure the injectors are the right impendence for the ecu. The O2 sensor has to match the ecu as well.
        I doubt that the 02 sensor will match up from the na car unless it is an 86. Check on RedZ31 to see which is which.
        The impedence you can fix. DON"T use the turbo injectors in an na car unless you have a way of changing the K value, and fuel maps. If you don't have NisTune or Live Edit you will run pig rich as the injector will be delivering twice as much fuel as you can use. Been there and done that.
        ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

i have no idea what the hell happened.

i think i hit the rev limiter and killed the computer.

i called around a few junkyards in montana, i found a running turbo Z31 in good shape, i think i'm going to get. i'm going to part mine out. the body is just beat to hell. i'm sick of body work.

i'll take a look at when i start my new job next week. and report back. my car is sitting dead in the garage.

there isn't anything wrong with the motor or anything else, just somewhere between the computer, wiring, and maf.

i just don't care to hunt down the problem anymore.

Comment

84z31 wrote:
            do you think it'll be alright to run it with the NA injectors until i get my turbo on?
            No
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Working...
            X