Valve spring compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve spring compressor

I rented one at Autozone. Cheap dollar store part. Anybody know where to rent a better one? This isn't a tool I'd use often enough to justify buying a good one.

did you rent the one with the gear puller style hooks? its a pain in the ass but with some thought it can be made to work. the best way to go is to find the one nissan made for our heads. ill look in my chiltons later. its got the part number for it if you want.

Comment

OrionMCP wrote: did you rent the one with the gear puller style hooks? its a pain in the ass but with some thought it can be made to work. the best way to go is to find the one nissan made for our heads. ill look in my chiltons later. its got the part number for it if you want.
      Yep it had hooks. Everything about it was cheap & cheezy. I bought one on ebay that fits around the head. The tool pictured in the FSM would be too expensive for a one-time (Ihope) use tool.

Comment

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote:

Oh so very ZEN of you.

Comment

SATAN wrote:
            What else to say but DOH! I could've got the maintenance guys at work to weld one up for me.

Comment

Working...
            X