starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter?

my car was starting fine yesterday and i got it to start once today,now for some reason when i try to start it theres a loud clicking sound and then the volt meter goes crazy?
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Be sure to check all of your connections (battery terminals) and battery itself!

But it could be the starter as well?

Comment

If you go to start the car and all you hear is a repeating clicking sound it could be that your battery is too low to turn the engine over or the connections are not good on the battery. Start cheap and clean the shit out of your connections. My 240 got so bad that I thought it was the battery because I cleaned the hell out of the cables and it did nothing. I replaced the cables and it works like a champ now. You say your volt meter goes crazy after you try. This is what my car does (stereo goes blank along with gauges for a brief second) when the connection to the battery is bad.

Yes dont rule out the fact that the starter could be bad too. You can smack the side of the solenoid on the starter with a wrench or somthing pretty hard over and over and somtimes that will get it to turn. This is a sign that your starter is done too.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: If you go to start the car and all you hear is a repeating clicking sound it could be that your battery is too low to turn the engine over or the connections are not good on the battery. Start cheap and clean the shit out of your connections. My 240 got so bad that I thought it was the battery because I cleaned the hell out of the cables and it did nothing. I replaced the cables and it works like a champ now. You say your volt meter goes crazy after you try. This is what my car does (stereo goes blank along with gauges for a brief second) when the connection to the battery is bad.

Yes dont rule out the fact that the starter could be bad too. You can smack the side of the solenoid on the starter with a wrench or somthing pretty hard over and over and somtimes that will get it to turn. This is a sign that your starter is done too.
        thats exactly what it was you smart bastard hahaha,i jumped the car and it started fine thanks man
        87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

Working...
        X