Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cool air from vent

First off, i have no A/C.

When driving, my car usually tends to blow very hot air even when the fan is off, slider is on cold, and the circulation is closed. More than the usual slight ventilation. It's fairly cold outside, turning the outside circulation doesn't pull in outside air, it just blows really hot air. On warm days where i want to bring in normal air, it feels like it's pulling air off the heater core. It sucks

I'm fairly sure it has to do with vacuum since the entire car is run off it.

Where should i start to look? Engine bay or under the dash? Any specific lines i could be concerned with?

Also, what does the little "floor" switch do under the driver side steering column, switching it does nothing noticable.

It is probably the line going to the water-cock. The water-cock is located on the firewall to the right of the battery.
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

The water-cock is in the white lined box:

Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
      1986 300zx Turbo
      2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
      1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

lol perfect that certain part has always hada poor connection with its hose. I thought i fixed it but ill replace the entire hose now.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm certain that it's the hose running from the back top of the plenum, to the evap canister. Had this same problem, on 4 Z31's

Another thing you can do, if you don't want the heater for a while, is rig the water cock closed. it rests open, so you would have to pull it up, and keep it there.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X