Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing Belt and Tune-up. What else should I replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt and Tune-up. What else should I replace?

About to change my timing belt, along with my 3 belts. What is standard to change with the timing belt? I'm looking for things that are common to change with the timing belt. Perhaps the tensioner stud or tensioner? I myself do not know. I did a quick search on z31.com with no big results.

I also believe I am running a little rich. Perhaps someone would recommend changing something in there that might fix the problem while I am in there. I think I read somewhere in one of the searches that the CHTS in there around the timing belt, and I have been told this is a possible culprit of running rich. I personally have always thought it was on the outside of the engine, however, since I've never dealt with it, I don't know. Would you recomend I replace the CHTS while I'm at it?

What are other common parts to replace in 120,000 tune up?
    ~es3

Tensioner and stud (good messure)
    cam seals (recomended)
    front crank seal (recomended)
    CHTS and sub harness (recomended)
    crank and timming gear keys (cheap at dealer so why not?)
    water pump

^Get all at nissan dealership (aside from water pump)

Tune up

plugs
    wires
    cap
    rotor
    fuel filter

Other things

o2 sensor
    vacume lines
    check for dry rotted or oil contaminated hoses (RAN)
    bleed out old brake/clutch fluid
    flush coolant system
    etc.etc.......
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

you people have to seriously stop posting the same question here and there

the last thing we need is noob questions overpowering the useful discussions.... like it does over there

Comment

^2nd that.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

it's outside the performance forums list, perhaps it should be called the Repair / Noob forum? We don't need to be too 1337, but Z31.com is a board also perfect for this type of question.

I agree with the above posted list plus perhaps buying a new crank sprocket if yours won't come off easily.

Comment

es3 wrote: About to change my timing belt, along with my 3 belts. What is standard to change with the timing belt? I'm looking for things that are common to change with the timing belt. Perhaps the tensioner stud or tensioner? I myself do not know.

What are other common parts to replace in 120,000 tune up?
            http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_z31.html

^-- Timing Belt Kits
            Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
            Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
            http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Working...
            X