Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlawleZ
    replied
    They're not fun, but I seem to have more trouble removing the bungs themselves then the actual 02 sensors.

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    Oh boy, have I been there.

weeks of soaking, heating, smashing. I ended up hammering a 21mm onto it because the sides of the nut were so messed up. I then jumped on the end of my 1/2 drive ratchet with a 2 foot jack handle over it. Had it been in the car I would have never been able to do it.

Not trying to get your spirits down, but good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    torch always seems to help, heat, spray, heat, spray, heat, spray...

Good luck :!:

Leave a comment:

• Domdogg123
    started a topic Oxygen sensor removal problems...

Oxygen sensor removal problems...

I've been trying for a while to get my oxygen sensor replaced, as I know it's bad and I really would like to get my MPG up a bit. I went to remove my old one and ran into a couple problems:

Soaked it in PB Blaster for a couple days then I:
    -Tryed an oxygen sensor socket, no go.
    -Tryed my 6' prybar on the end of the sensor socket, the socket just turned becuase it only holds onto 5 sides of the nut.
    -Cut the old 02 sensor off and put a regular deep socket on it, Then tried both my impact wrench, and my 6' prybar on it. The impact didn't do anything and the sensor wouldn't even turn with both me and my dad (400ish combined LBs) on it at the end of the prybar.

It's going no where...

Do I have any other options before I put the MAPP torch on it? Would this be a good time to take it to an exhuast shop and see what they can do with it?

Your help is appreciated..
Working...
X