Blowing a white/brownish smoke under WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing a white/brownish smoke under WOT

Under WOT I'm seeing a whiteish/brownish smoke in the mirror. Doesn't happen under normal accelaration. I've been told the seals are on the way out on the turbo, could this have something to do with it?

It's not a massive amount but noticeable. Or could I have other engine related problems. I'm yet to do a comp test and she's due for new plugs. Dist cap and rotor are getting changed this weekend.

Matt

this needs to be moved to the newbie or repairs section

Comment

General rule of thumb is that if it happens under acceleration then it's usually not the turbocharger. When the turbine is spinning quickly it's much harder for oil to leak from the seals into the intake or exhaust sides.

If it's white smoke, are you checking your coolant level regularly? It could be a head gasket or leak on the lower intake gaskets.

I don't know what would make it a brownish color... seems odd.

Comment

man white does seem to equal water.....
        Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I've been told it could be my vacum modulator on the auto box. The box is on it's way out and getting a rebuild soon. He seemed to think that it could have trans fluid getting sucked back into it at WOT

Comment

I am confused

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Black, white, or blue?
              Those are your options.
              Black=fuel
              white=coolant
              blue=oil
              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Changed the plugs over today and noticed No5 plug was abit oily. The new plugs seemed to have cleared up the problem though.

Comment

Working...
                X