No announcement yet.

Little to no oil pressure at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad to see the follow up, as i went through your pics the bearings look fine and low wear - that matte finish is a sacrificial layer. Those flakes and bearing surfaces would indicate some other component failure.

Unfortunately if that FOD makes it's way to the pan you're basically F'd, it'd be assumed it's drain back best case scenario

You want to have clean threads (no oil/dirt) on the oil pump screws and use an impact screwdriver to secure the screws. These screws should not be able to break torque by hand.
    Last edited by 88sinZ; 03-17-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ View Post
      glad to see the follow up, as i went through your pics the bearings look fine and low wear - that matte finish is a sacrificial layer. Those flakes and bearing surfaces would indicate some other component failure.

Unfortunately if that FOD makes it's way to the pan you're basically F'd, it'd be assumed it's drain back best case scenario

You want to have clean threads (no oil/dirt) on the oil pump screws and use an impact screwdriver to secure the screws. These screws should not be able to break torque by hand.

I'm going to see if I can scrape up all tha stuff at the bottom of the pan and figure what it is. I should have done a compression test prior to disassembly.

Does anyone have pictures or know of the rockers are bushed?

I plan on dropping the crank at machine shop to see if the journals measure out.

I found a quest/villager crankshaft local that's new and now I am wondering if it's the same crank so I can use as a backup option.
      Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
      VG33 conversion in progress
      4x4 conversion complete

Comment

Well, had the crank polished and I'm going to slap it back in with fresh bearings and shoot for the best.

Any suggestions as to how to clean out the oil passages in the crankshaft?

It should be interesting trying to plastigage all this under the truck.
        Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
        4x4 conversion complete

Comment

Well, I went ahead got the crank grounded to the next size available a while back and finally got some time to tackle this again. I thought a could muscle the lower end from below the truck but I was kidding myself.
          I'm going to pull the front axle out to get more room to work under there and use a jack to suspend the crank to bolt it in place and get some rough measurements with plastigage. A bore gauge would have been great to have....
          Last edited by cuong nguyen; 09-06-2017, 01:43 PM.
          Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
          4x4 conversion complete

Comment

Decided to just suspend the crank and girdle in place using some cinch straps which worked out great and saved me some time. The clearance I got from the rods bearings were ok. Most were at about 0.038mm.
            My mains are what I am concerned with. 1 & 4 had clearances of about 0.051mm and 2 & 3 had clearances of about 0.076 mm. I am not sure is it because I'm torqueing it upside down and not getting an accurate torque due to the weight. The limit is 0.090 so I'm still okay just on the far loose of clearances.
            Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
            4x4 conversion complete

Comment

its been a while, and i hope your results were in your favor - those limits are in FSM spec's

Comment

Working...
              X