Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 Turbo not building boost and too much fuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 Turbo not building boost and too much fuel?

Hello,
    I recently got myself an 85 turbo Z and had done a few small things to get it running. After having done so I noticed that it wasn't building any boost so I checked the intercooler and piping to see if they were not holding well, afterwards I made my way into the manifold to find out. I ended up having to replace the gaskets which I didnfor upper and lower. After reinstalling everything I checked to make sure everything was sealed off well. Afterwards I test drove the car to see if it would build up boost and, sadly, I only got less than 5 PSI. The turbo sounds like it is running fine as it goes, but the car doesn't and recently the car began to run extremely rich making it difficult to stay in idle, let alone turn on. I've cranked the engine without fuel going in to help clear it up and when it does come on it black smokes a lot. Only thing I have noticed different was a wire tore off from a plug that goes into the intake manifold adjacent to the throttle body, connected to the screw for adjusting idle. I'd add pics but car is not with me at the moment. I tried to see what more could be an issue but I'm running out of ideas. All piping is sealed, the manifold is sealed, only thing I can think of is actuator but the actuator moves when I take pliers to it.
    I feel like I have been rambling on, but if anyone knows what more I should do or look into I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quick update: I redid a compression test and found 2 cylinders so far dropped compression. Beforw all were 120-130 now 2 are 80, 100, and 1 is 125. I didn't check all yet but I'm going to look more into this if anyone knows where I should check first

Comment

Another update: I have 4 codes: 12, 13, 23, and 41. Currently reaearching

Comment

Update: got the car to run, a code popped up, 31, after installing replacement FTS, CHTS, IAC valve, and cleaning the maf sensor

Comment

Working...
        X