1984 Datsun Nissan zx turbo piston damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Datsun Nissan zx turbo piston damage

Got the car off a friend for $150 it ran and drove before I pulled the engine and trans to freshen up. Pulled the heads and 2 cylinders on passenger side have damage around the lip. We're can I get oem grade Pistons with out having to pay a arm and a leg from Nissan. And does anyone know what caused this. A lean issue?

possible detonation i would think. you can get stock piston kits for a fairly good price if you look around. i got a set from rockauto.com for my NA, slighty bigger but to OEM specs. can't remember the brand. the kit was around 150 bucks maybe a bit more. they have been working great.

Bon

Comment

Might not be able to get them from the dealer anymore. Nissanpartsdeal is showing turbo piston with pin for $66.77, but with the Limited Availability caveat.

If you are just trying to build a cheap daily driver or fun car you could try to get a pair used. Another option would be to swap in an NA bottom end or even a complete NA engine for a little more compression.

Comment

• dbruce
        dbruce commented
        Editing a comment
        Aren't the z32tt pistons and rods useable in the z31t ? Except for a resulting lower compression ratio ?

• Dunkine
        Dunkine commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I've heard for the TT pistons. I think the N/A are raised in the center, so they don't work, IIRC.

Engineered Performance EPR has a fire sale until the 31st. From their facebook post:

"SOHC VG30 & VG33 guys listen up!

Running a fire sale on my custom SOHC pistons & rods with piston coating (2 Stg) Sale ends October 31, 2018. Piston orders are 4-6 week lead time FYI.

Kit includes:

EPR Custom SOHC Pistons (any bore size & compression)
        Scat Forged H-Beam Rods (ARP 2000 Rod Bolts)
        EPR 2 stage piston coating (tops & skirts)
        FREE SHIPPING

EVERYTHING LISTED $1550 SHIPPED"

I thought the wrist pins on the z32 Pistons are bigger is that not the case?

Comment

• dbruce
        dbruce commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably the cheapest solution is to find a donor engine ... I forgot how expensive these parts are ...
        for the z32tt pistons I think you need matching tt rods . If you only need two pistons It doesn't make sense to go that route. Put an ad in for the pistons someone here probably has them

I will thanks

Comment

Working...
      X