10 year timing belt change out advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year timing belt change out advise

So taking my car down to Los Angeles this month for the 10 year interval change-out of the timing belt. I have only put 11k on the car in 10 years so what do you all think about doing cam seals and the water pump? I did them both last time I serviced the car but as you can see very little mileage has been put on it. Would you change them, out? I figure that about the 1k per year is about right for the next 10 years.

I wouldnt bother, only 11k since your last change. no point, there is no wear on them.

Comment

I might do the cam seals just 'cause rubber doesn't last forever and they're more likely to dry out if the car doesn't run often.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason87T View Post
        I wouldnt bother, only 11k since your last change. no point, there is no wear on them.
        However, the belt material can degrade over the 10 years. At some point soon, I would still change the TB. No sense waiting for it to take out the valves if it breaks. I have the same issue, only driven the 85T less than 10K miles in the last 10 years. the TB is on my list to replace soon
        Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
        85 Turbo, original owner, restored
        93 NA Babied

Comment

Working...
        X