Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail lights are not working, period

trying to help Mrwassman out here

got pulled over tonight coming home for no tail lights, they simply do not work. brake lights DO work.

bulbs are fine.

he said he was told to look for burnt/effed up wires under the steering column, didn't find anything wrong under there.

now that he's actually had PD attention from it, it would be nice to get this fixed before we move to inland empire LA area in two weeks where cops will be less forgiving (only got a warning this time, no fix it ticket)

TIA

Pull the panel off that's in front of the tail lights.
    Look on the passanger side for a little plastic box. I've seen them white, and black. (This is your tail light sensor)
    A solder point most likely came loose, this happined to me. Fixed it and it came loose again, and again, and again. So I by-passed it.
    If you look at where the busted solder is, trace that circuit to the in, and out wire, and connect those two wires together.
    Bam, working tail lights, but no more sensor for them.
    Or you could get a new one (special order of course), and pay out the A-S for it.
    Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
    1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
    2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: Pull the panel off that's in front of the tail lights.
      Look on the passanger side for a little plastic box. I've seen them white, and black. (This is your tail light sensor)
      A solder point most likely came loose, this happined to me. Fixed it and it came loose again, and again, and again. So I by-passed it.
      If you look at where the busted solder is, trace that circuit to the in, and out wire, and connect those two wires together.
      Bam, working tail lights, but no more sensor for them.
      Or you could get a new one (special order of course), and pay out the A-S for it.
      we have an 86T parts car laying around, will try swapping them

I was wondering if it was one of those friggin electronic boxes back there

Comment

I took it off and it is carroded as you know what. Will try and replace it with my original one, since these are the lights off of the parts car.

Another thing, The fuse that controls everything would just blow each time.

(headlight motors, power antenna, running lights, cig lighter, etc.)

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
        X