Clicking from the passenger side door area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking from the passenger side door area

About four days ago i started noticing a clicking noise that would sound like a motor or something along those lines from my passnger side door area, or behind the door area. (sounds like a motor that's shorting out and drawing too much power) i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and fixed it so i don't struggle through pulling the interior looking for it. sorry i'm lazy, lol. any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
    Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Are you sure it's coming from the door, not from the lower part of the dash on the passenger side?

Comment

yeah, i'm almost sure. at lights and what not i just hear sort of a clicking from behind the passenger side seat/door, weird shit.
      1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
      Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: yeah, i'm almost sure. at lights and what not i just hear sort of a clicking from behind the passenger side seat/door, weird shit.
        Probably the fuel pump relay. It's located right in there... you may want to check out the wiring between it and the ECU.

Comment

Working...
        X