Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low charge A/C light coming on for no reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low charge A/C light coming on for no reason?

I was just driving without the ac on and the low charge light came on i got out and checked to see if a hose was broke and nothing i saw i turned the car off the light did not come back on i turned the ac on and it worked fine it was just charged last march and hasnt leaked. then the light came on. I shut the car off and drove it home without the AC on and the light came on again is it supposed to act a fool like that or has a moose broken into my car and chewed on some wires.
    Loc Dog dont ride for no trick ass bitchs....WORD!

Hmmm?
    Your car is special.
    Low charge A/C warning light?
    *Do you now what your'e talking about?
    The only warning lamp that I can think of that would come on under the use of the A/C is possibly the low voltage/alternator warning light. If it is, than I suggest checking the battery terminals(make sure they are clean), check the chassis grounds off the battery(make sure they are clean), and if that don't help..have the battery and alternator tested. These BIG 70amp screamers tend to die an early death due to thier weakness.
    8)
    Dan
    I am here to help...

Comment

The GAS light was always on on my car... even when the AC worked. I would just ignore it.

Comment

mine does that even though the a/c system has been completely removed. :roll:

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: Hmmm?
          Your car is special.
          Low charge A/C warning light?
          *Do you now what your'e talking about?
          The only warning lamp that I can think of that would come on under the use of the A/C is possibly the low voltage/alternator warning light. If it is, than I suggest checking the battery terminals(make sure they are clean), check the chassis grounds off the battery(make sure they are clean), and if that don't help..have the battery and alternator tested. These BIG 70amp screamers tend to die an early death due to thier weakness.
          8)
          Dan
          The manual AC/heater controls has a low AC gas warning light to the far left of the controls.

Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
          85 Turbo, original owner, restored
          93 NA Babied

Comment

I know my 85 has that light in there (digital instruments)
            I don't remember my 87 having one though (also digital package)

Maybe just the 84-86 had that warning light?
            Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
            1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
            2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Mine is was on when i first depleted the sysytem, but after unplugging a bunch of stuff, i don't think it is on.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

The only time it came on before was when the charge was low on the AC i got it recharged and it hasnt came on since. But it is just wrong that it decided to come on without me even using the AC that day. Well it hasnt came on since maby there is just some evil electricity in there.
                Loc Dog dont ride for no trick ass bitchs....WORD!

Comment

Working...
                X