hic-ups under boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hic-ups under boost

every once in a while when i go into boost between 8-10psi the engine will cut/miss/hicup/whatever you want to call it. the middle of 3rd seems to be when this usually happens. any common problems that would cause this

Mine does this hiccup when i floor it in 5th going 50mph

Maybe wastegate creep....?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Most often this would point to an ignition problem, but it could always be fuel related. Have you inspected/replaced plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor lately? You might want to check your spark plug gap, but with only 10PSI I don't think that would become an issue.

Comment

close the gap on the plugs. you may be running them what they came out of the box wich is like .040" or somthing large like that. close it down to at most .032"
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I occasinally got hiccups in the summer.
          The former owner put big Nismo injectors on and didn't do anything to compensate for them.
          Pretty sure thats what was causing it. In the process of getting stock injectors. Been going through gas like crazy.
          But since it's started to cool off, I don't get the hiccups anymore.

This all was with brand-new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

That makes sense seeing how i am running on closed loop, and it is pretty frelling hot around here.

Comment

Could this be an affect of the sudden change in a/f when the ecu goes
              from open to closed loop?
              imagination is a virtue

Comment

I am pretty sure my terribly rich sounding low idle and that potential cause of hiccup is from the ECU pinout being potentially different for 86 ecu to the 85 wiring

Comment

Working...
                X