Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum sound (no no, not the usual one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum sound (no no, not the usual one!)

I replaced my Vacuum lines a couple of weeks ago with all silicone lines (thanks thumper for the write up!). Well I noticed this sound coming from the charcoal canistor when I would give the car some gas at idle or even driving. This sound would only happen between 10 and 20 mm/Hg of vacuum. No sound when idling and no sound when I am reaching boost.

The sound sounds like static from a walkie talkie. So of course I check the lines and I pinpoint which line it is. Its red line coming from the carbon canistor going around the FPR to the behind the throttle body in this picture:

I have replaced those lines and the sound is still there.
    I even put hose clamps on all the ends of the lines. There are no pinches
    in the lines or kinks

THe sound is also effecting my idle. It will idle around 1000rpm-1100rpm. Also my car will buck at any speed if the throttle is between 10-20mm/Hg

So do I need a new Carbon Canistor, or is there something missing??? Please help me out guys!
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Sounds like you have a leak, but to be big enough to make your car buck... I have to wonder.

Maybe you can hook up a mightyvac to the line going into the charcoal canister to make sure it's holding vac or otherwise find the source of the leak?

Comment

Also if I hold the suspecting line and rev the throttle body I can feel the line vibrate like their is this huge surge of air going through it. Also if I pinch the line and rev the motor, the sould will lessen and almost go away. It's strange :?

Could you give me more info/link on this Mighty vac you speak of Jason?
      Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
      1986 300zx Turbo
      2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
      1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

It's a handheld vac pump with a gauge. Very handy for bleeding brakes or troubleshooting vac leaks.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=2& ... _DS-310207
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X