engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine problems

k i was having problems intell 3,000 rpm and it hit 3 pounds of boost the motor was missin then i pulled the connector of the cylinder head temperature sensor and it runs fine now, but is it a good thing to leave that off cause it was missing big time, but it hasn't did it since the day i pulled it off so i'm thinkin just leave it off if it don't matter
    so someone please help and tell me if i can do that

There is something very wrong with your fuel system if disconnecting your CHTS makes it run better.

This is a question better suited to z31.com.

Have you run the ECU codes?

Comment

I don't see how disconnecting the CHTS would fix a miss when you get under boost. Leaving it disconnected would make the car run very rough on start up. I would plug it back in and confirm with the ECU diagnosis process that it is functioning.

Have you checked your ECU codes for other possibilities?

Comment

yes i did but it didn't show up but it seems to run very much better than before and the only thing wrong now is it takes a little bit to start up but when it starts it runs perfect and the codes were good there were none
        but it runs better

Comment

The ECU bases some fuel enrichment/enleanment on the CHTS. The ECU assumes a given twmp (70F?) when it is unplugged...

Run codes first, check and replace ignition components; very easy.

Comment

i've replace all but the coil and it still gets spark and i ran the codes 3 times but none so

Comment

Did you check for air leaks? Did you try another MAF? Did you check the CHTS resistance at the ecu? Try another CHTS? Do you have a factory service manual? There are very simple diagrams to follow in there that can probably help you better with your problem than anybody online can.

Comment

i checked for airleaks but didn't find any all vacuum hoses brand new and yes i do have a factory service manual just the sensor is brand new too which is wierd so i don't know will it hurt to leave it disconnected
                or do u know

Comment

Your solve-all answer to a problem is to disconnect an important input sensor to the ecu.
                  *NO IT IS NOT GOOD!
                  CHTS isn't a simple removeable type of a component...it is a critical sensor for proper ecu function.
                  Fix the car...or pay to have it fixed.
                  All the basics have been covered. I advise to follow things through again, or find physical help with the diagnosis.
                  Attached Files
                  I am here to help...

Comment

so how is it going to hurt it if i leave it off? Considering it runs good right now with it off

Comment

maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the point of this forum for people with a clue and a half, and not those merely searching for said elusive clue?

Comment

At least there is some punctuation.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

matthunter1448 wrote: so how is it going to hurt it if i leave it off? Considering it runs good right now with it off
                          The car was designed, engineered by hundreds of experts, to run with it. It's hard coded into the ECU to run with it.

So something is causing a problem that you are only offsetting (probably not completely) with the removal of the CHTS. Will it hurt your car? Probably not. But you might not get the greatest MPG, and it might cause problems elsewhere.

Check your base timing...
                          BLOZ UP.com
                          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

It's already been stated the chts is needed. So you need to reconnect it and find the issue.

Follow what Jason said about checking the resistance at the ecu. Just because you have a new sensor does not mean it is good. Check according to the FSM and if it is out of limits check the sensor itself and compare.
                            One common problem is the chts harness. It runs from the chts to a connection over the passenger valve cover.

No offense here, but the FSM will guide you through this problem. Troubleshooting a stock (aka non-screwed with) car is pretty easy if you have the FSM.
                            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Working...
                            X