No announcement yet.

88 na to 84 turbo -- running problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally drove it today. I took the car for a small ride with the NA ecu.
    I swapped a rebuilt 94 maxima engine with a fidenza flywheel , a south bend clutch, solid tranny mount & poly engine mount.

After the car was warmed, i plugged the Turbo Ecu to boost a litlle and it was running almost like the NA ECU but it was more prone to stall after some boost.
    I think i have some air leak problem maybe ..or something like that .. anyway im happy now
    Fairlady Z 1990 2+2 Twinturbo

Comment

Injectors from 88-89 are high impedance, and have the notch slightly offset from the low inpedance injectors from the 84-87 Z's
      Attached Files
      Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
      1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
      2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

F3600 wrote: Finally drove it today. I took the car for a small ride with the NA ecu.
        I swapped a rebuilt 94 maxima engine with a fidenza flywheel , a south bend clutch, solid tranny mount & poly engine mount.

After the car was warmed, i plugged the Turbo Ecu to boost a litlle and it was running almost like the NA ECU but it was more prone to stall after some boost.
        I think i have some air leak problem maybe ..or something like that .. anyway im happy now
        Air Leaks suck ass

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
        X