my car bounces down the freeway.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car bounces down the freeway.. :)

I now have a 1988 300zx turbo with a z32 30a swap running *with issues* but i cant hardly go over a sharp speed bump or whatever with out the car bottoming out and i bounce up n down going along the freeway after hitting a bump.

so i have plans to keep this car and make it nice but not planning on racing, just a nice fast reliable street car, for road trips and what not.

so i think i am interested in some 88ss springs ( not sure if i have bad springs or not or how to tell, or if it is just the shock that needs replaced,) if the springs do need replaced.

and for shocks i am willing to invest in the tokico illuminas ,

but wanted to ask you guys first.

right now the car rides really low so i am assuming the springs as well as the shocks are bad.

will the 88ss/se springs work with the tokico illuminas?

i have read the ebachs springs are great AND ive read they are terrible. so if i cant find ss springs is this my next best choice or ?? any info or suggestions will be appreciated. i did try to do my reasearch proir to this post.

It's probably worn shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffs86zx View Post
      I now have a 1988 300zx turbo with a z32 30a swap running *with issues* but i cant hardly go over a sharp speed bump or whatever with out the car bottoming out and i bounce up n down going along the freeway after hitting a bump.

so i have plans to keep this car and make it nice but not planning on racing, just a nice fast reliable street car, for road trips and what not.

so i think i am interested in some 88ss springs ( not sure if i have bad springs or not or how to tell, or if it is just the shock that needs replaced,) if the springs do need replaced.

and for shocks i am willing to invest in the tokico illuminas ,

but wanted to ask you guys first.

right now the car rides really low so i am assuming the springs as well as the shocks are bad.

will the 88ss/se springs work with the tokico illuminas?

i have read the ebachs springs are great AND ive read they are terrible. so if i cant find ss springs is this my next best choice or ?? any info or suggestions will be appreciated. i did try to do my reasearch proir to this post.
      Also I have eibach springs and they aren't bad. They do feel somewhat sportier but the ride isn't too harsh. I want to eventually get coilovers but I'm fine with my eibach for now

Comment

thanks. i just ordered the tokico illuminas. if that doesnt solve it then i will replace the springs after. i still gotta buy tires, cause in the bag they are worn bad / bald on the inside,,
        Could this be do to just bad shocks>?? or would the spring contribute to that situation

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffs86zx View Post
          thanks. i just ordered the tokico illuminas. if that doesnt solve it then i will replace the springs after. i still gotta buy tires, cause in the bag they are worn bad / bald on the inside,,
          Could this be do to just bad shocks>?? or would the spring contribute to that situation
          Well it should be the shocks. The springs will make the car want to bounce around. The shocks dampen the springs to keep them from bouncing all over the place

Comment

You should replace the springs. Eibachs with Illuminas ride good, ST with Illuminas ride better. Both feels better than stock
            Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
            if it fails, fuck it.
            at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Maximus View Post
              You should replace the springs. Eibachs with Illuminas ride good, ST with Illuminas ride better. Both feels better than stock
              I've got eibach with Koni yellow's and the ride is pretty good. Sportier than stock

Comment

I have eibach with Tokico HPs with poly bushings. Huge improvement over worn stock setup.
                86na - BlueZ
                Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
                85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

ST's (NLA) and Toki Blues. damening is a bit soft if you're agressive, and roll is acceptable for a mid sport. decent but i'd like it 3 to 5 clicks more agressive.

I've got some SS front springs if you're interested. shipping from central VA.

Comment

Working...
                  X