88 turbo front brake shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 turbo front brake shims

Any body know where to get a set of 88 turbo front brake shins? I’ve been searching without luck. Help. Need a set. New brakes did not come with a set. Car did not have any when I bought it. Thanks.

Are you talking about the little metal plate that goes between the pad and the caliper?
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

Yes. I cannot find it anywhere for sale. Do you have a source? I got some shitty Autozone pads cuz I had a lifetime warranty with them on my previous turbo, but their pads did not come with steel shims. They came with some type of rubber shims.... . Shitty of me to do this, but I need to get this car on the road.

Comment

I don't recall ever putting shims on a z-- Not all cars have them. Just use anti-squeal lube instead.

https://brakeperformance.com/brake-shims.php

--------------
        Legal stuff:
        **Nissan Employee**
        Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
        '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
        '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
        '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
        '00 Corolla-- kids car.
        '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

what he said, I've never gotten shims with a set of z31 pads. Just clean the calipers with brake cleaner and compressed air if you've got it when you put the pads in, put some stop-squeal in there.

Comment

Really? My previous car, an 87 turbo had them - factory installed. OK then. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
            X