Z31Performance.com Community Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z31Performance.com Community Members

When we started Z31Performance, the idea was to bring together a community of enthusiasts who were interested in learning and sharing about their experience with modified Z31 300ZX’s and other VG-powered vehicles. What it ended up becoming is easily the best and most popular web forum for Z31 owners.

As the forum grew, we encountered unforeseen challenges along the way. Dealing with the direction we wanted to go, upgrading the forum software, an expanding database with a gold mine of information in it, clash of member ego’s, and even security compromises. Last year’s move to a dedicated server was necessitated by the size of the database and number of users taking advantage of the search functions. Unfortunately this was also very costly. As opposed to using advertisements, we had corporate and private sponsorship of the forum. The money raised from generous donations paid the hosting bill up until a few months ago.

We all know life is constantly changing. While I had been very involved in the community, my free time to spend on it was greatly reduced a few years ago when I (finally) graduated college and started working a full time job where I had little to no ‘internet time’ during the day. I have not given up my passion for the Z31, but I decided it’s time to pass Z31Performance on to someone else who would be capable of turning it into what we had planned for the future.

Zachary Ard has stepped up and taken responsibility for the forum in its entirety. He will be assisted by Kyle (Nismopu) as well. I will stay on as a moderator. I have the utmost respect for Zach, and I am sure he will work towards improving the forum in all aspects. Changes will be coming, some of them big and some of them small, but I will let him elaborate on the details.

Please join me in welcoming Zach as the new forum admin!

Hey guys -

Before I say anything else, I want to sincerely thank Jason for for the hard work and dedication that he has put into creating the Z31Performance community and cultivating it over the past several years. It's an honor that he felt comfortable enough to pass the torch over to Kyle and I, and we are both excited and humbled that we have this opportunity.

We also want to thank the community for what you guys have brought to the table. Your knowledge, your passion, and your input have also helped build the worlds strongest, most active community of owners and enthusiasts for the Z31 300ZX, and for many other single cam VG powered vehicles. This forum wouldn't be here today without the support and input of each and every one of you, and we hope to ensure that you don't need to worry about the long term future of this forum.

We have already begun to outline a scope of work to begin improvements, upgrades and other much needed changes for the forum. Our community has done well with the forum software, server space and speed, and technical limitations for a long time, but these functional, organizational, and operating procedure changes will really make this forum a shining beacon for all Z31 and VG owners.

We hope that we continue to have the support of the community over this important changeover. We will make sure to keep you in the loop in terms of coming changes, any planned outages, and any other absolutely important info.

Please feel free to PM me to discuss anything. I'm always glad to answer and help where I can.

Thanks again
    Zack
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

Comment

First off, Jason I'd like to thank you for all you have done for the Z31 community. I would probably not still own a Z31 if it wasn't for the wealth of information this site offered.

Second, welcome Zach in you new position. I know you will do well in assisting the community.

Comment

RB20ZR wrote: First off, Jason I'd like to thank you for all you have done for the Z31 community. I would probably not still own a Z31 if it wasn't for the wealth of information this site offered.

Second, welcome Zach in you new position. I know you will do well in assisting the community.
        1 2nd the above ...

Thank you Jason ...

Thank you Zach and Kyle for taking this on.
        '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
        PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

Big thumbs up and thanks! This place helped me out when I was just beginning many years ago and now it serves as a place where I can help out others who have questions about stuff they aren't sure about.
          - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

Congrats! Glad to see more developments and improvements to the Z31 and this forum!
            Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
            1986 300zx Turbo
            2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
            1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

:tas
              I would be completely lost without this site! Thanks for setting it up and kudos to the admin/moderators for keeping us in line and things going smoothly here!

As for Zack and Kyle,
              Thanks for step'n up!!!
              And there goes the neighborhood!!!! :nanan?re
              "zetto sun-ichi" group"

Comment

Damn Zach, you must be a time traveler or something. I have no idea how you're able to keep up with all of it! Congrats to both you and Kyle regardless!

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
                1990 jetta vr6'd

Comment

thanks jay for what you have done tru out the years welcome zach,im new to this forum but old on 88hybrid an z31.com.im looking forward on new things,hopefully it dont fade away like 88h an z31.com.

Comment

I just hope you don't change the forum software, except for the original z31.com this one is one of the least annoying sites I'm on, everything from user interaction to little things like quote-to-pm features make this a lot nicer

Perhaps a limit on people who quote replies, so we don't duplicate 30 pictures in a thread would be nice... and if possible an external search script that isn't scared of 3 letter words

Comment

G-E wrote: I just hope you don't change the forum software, except for the original z31.com this one is one of the least annoying sites I'm on, everything from user interaction to little things like quote-to-pm features make this a lot nicer

Perhaps a limit on people who quote replies, so we don't duplicate 30 pictures in a thread would be nice... and if possible an external search script that isn't scared of 3 letter words
                      I think quotes are already limited to a max of 3. At least I always get a warning message when there's three quotes in my reply already.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
                      1990 jetta vr6'd

Comment

Congrats Zach, and thank you for your extended amount of time you have given the community Jason. This forum has come a long way since I joined it, and even helped fund my SS a ways.
                        88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

Comment

Dr. Pepper PhD. wrote: Congrats Zach, and thank you for your extended amount of time you have given the community Jason. This forum has come a long way since I joined it.

A BIG PLUS 1

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
                          1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
                          1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Comment

Thanks to Jason for getting this community to where it is today. If I hadn't found this site I probably would not have my Z anymore. Everyone on here has a huge amount of information and it's going to just keep growing. Congrats and welcome to Zach and Kyle for taking on the forum. I am excited to be a part of this community and I cannot wait to see what changes will come! :-D

1986 NA GL

Comment

Wow big news, Grats to you Zach. Hopefully we see you around a bit more Jason
                              DD:
                              86 Black Turbo 5spd
                              The Fallen:
                              84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
                              Parting Currently:
                              86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
                              Garage Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X