Mike P perma ban.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike P perma ban.

As everyone probably knows by now, Mike P has been permanently banned from this forum. If you have questions regarding this decision take it up with Mike P or the mods. Mike has been a contributor for a long time on this forum, but has not been getting along with the moderator staff (current and past) for some time. While it is true that Zach and I own this forum, we do very little moderating as this isn't something we have time for. People pass judgment and say that we do "nothing," but they don't live in our world. My life offline is my immediate concern and secondly is my z family whom I have gotten to know very well over the years. I even have met Mike P in person and I know he is a good guy. He is someone I can call my friend, but not all of our friends get along with each other. Like I told Mike P, the issues are between him and the moderating staff. If by proxy, you want to place the blame on us due to the decision of the moderators we have chosen, that's fine. Mike knows that he and I will continue to talk, be friends, and exchange ideas. That's what the community is about!

So, is this a post about me putting the blame on the moderating staff? NO! This is a post about everyone figuring out how to get along and sharing our love for the z31 chassis. I have urged Mike P to go and start his own forum where he can spread the z31 gospel and not have to worry about ruffling the feathers of our current moderating staff. I think our moderators do a fantastic job, as a matter of fact we get fewer complaints than ever and the moderator section isn't near as active. Only a select few have issues with the moderating staff and were hearing plenty from those folks but I stand behind the moderating staff we have in place. If you have interest in being a mod yourself or have issues with a particular mod; contact any of the admins such as myself, Amreboot, or Zachary Ard.

Thank You!
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Damn.. I guess I did not see Mike in a way as other people did, It's a shame that he has been banned permanently. Especially since he contributed so much help to the newbies on this forum
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-...lee-s-87t-rb26

Comment

Kyle has chosen good words for this.

I personally had no issues with Mike. We would chat on random topics on Facebook.
      I unfortunately had to un-friend him because of what I was seeing within both Facebook and the forum.

As the Administrator, my main focus is the continuing on-going development of this forum. I have tried hard in the past, but slacked off recently.
      I need to focus on the progression, but I have been receiving a good amount of complaints regarding Mike for the past several months. I take every complaint seriously and I do not ignore them.

I would very much like to focus on fixing and developing this site to where it needs to be rather than dealing with complaints of a constant offender.
      We all know that the z31 is gaining its popularity. The s13 is now being replaced by the z31. Heck, I have even seen z32 owners sell their cars to only replace it by the z31!

So like Kyle, this wasn't my doing alone. This was a moderator group decision which we are all going to push forward with.

-Alex

Comment

Sounds like we lost Mike P. but gained Satan back...even if for just a little. I'll take it.

http://z31performance.com/showthread...780#post361780

EDIT:

Can we have an updated list of Moderators on this forum? Or a link with the info?

Comment

Here you go!
          http://z31performance.com/showgroups.php

Comment

1 2 3

Comment

Interesting...just seeing this now. Was wondering why my communication with Mike P stopped on some stuff. I don't have facebook or any other communication to get in touch with him. Does anyone have his personal email they can PM me? I understand the kid can sometimes light a fire under someones ass, but it's an internet forum and nothing more. Not sure I see how the debauchery some other members here create is any different, but I guess that's not up to me. Some of the biggest contributing members kept this site going and as they have left you can kind of see the traffic slow & almost even seem like it's coming to a halt in certain days/weeks. I've seen a lot of improvements in the Z31 community over the past year in terms of support, but the last 3-5 months I just see it slowly turning back to where it was when I got here in 2009. Maybe I'm just not as involved anymore as I myself have taken a step back. Anyhow, carry on.
              Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

^I can get you his phone number if you'd be interested in texting him. Not sure if MikeP uses email lol

2001 Mazda Miata LS
                also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

Comment

Working...
                X