Forum Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Access

Ever notice the high number of guests and low number of members accessing the site. I suggest making it only accessible to members thus forcing the guests to become members. That way they might become more useful than just trolls. Make sense?
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Some people are just looking for quick info. Forcing them to sign up may lead to more stupid questions. There are times I want to look at something real quick from someone elses computer/phone whatever and I'm not comfortable signing in. So many reasons why forcing someone to sign in is not good. Perhaps make certain subs unavailable to guests, like performance but leave general repair subs visible.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup 11.979@117.34 MPH

Comment

If they want to be a member they will join a lot of times I show up as guest because I do not log in every time I browse the forum

Comment

The "guests" are bots that are combing the site. They are from Yahoo, Google, and Bing.

There are a few of them that are hacking attempts from China and other misc countries to which is the real reason why we locked it down.

Comment

Working...
        X