rb25det question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb25det question

Can a stock 87 300zx manual transmission mate to a Rb25det block, is it possible to switch over bell housing's?

I think all rb25's came with a r30a variant like the 87-89 300zx turbo and n/a 300zx's came with fs5w71c's as did rrb20's I believe. Sooooo, it depends which transmission you have and which one came with your rb. Fs5's swap with other fs5's and r30a's swap parts with oother r30a's.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

z32 transmissions work with RB bell housings.
      z31 R30A bell housings work with z32 transmissions.
      therefore, rb transmissions should work with z31 R30A bell housings.

Comment

so this is a dumb question... r30a tranny is a non turbo vg30e tranny correct?

Comment

Nevermind I looked it up and I think I have a FS5W71C. Can you mate a bell housing to fit the FS5W71C from a R30A?

Comment

87_Z31 wrote: so this is a dumb question... r30a tranny is a non turbo vg30e tranny correct?
            FS5R30A is the designation for the TURBO 04/87+ cars.

Comment

87_Z31 wrote: Nevermind I looked it up and I think I have a FS5W71C. Can you mate a bell housing to fit the FS5W71C from a R30A?
              .................................................. .................................................. ........ maybe english is a second language for you?

You cannot missmatch between the two entirely different tranny's. I explained that above.
              "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

[quote]nismopu wrote:
                Originally posted by 87_Z31
                You cannot missmatch between the two entirely different tranny's. I explained that above.
                you didn't say they cannot be switched, you just said 71c's go with 71c's and 30a's go with 30a's.
                no indication of what's not possible :-P.
                he can read fine.

Comment

For a 71c, you need a rb20det/rb20de or a rb25de trans. For a 30a, you need a rb25det trans.

No the RB bellhousing will not bolt up to a VG30E/T and no a VG30E/T bellhousing will not bolt up to a RB.
                  Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
                  Originally posted by BoostedMamma
                  Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                  X