Auto-5spd swap= wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-5spd swap= wiring help

Ok, so I've been reading (over and over) Xenonz31.com's swap how-to. Everything is chill until I get to the electronics part.
    I searched here, and after 16 pages of stuff I found something that helps a little more (can't find it again, glad I printed it off).

But I'm still unclear about where to jump the wires. The female side or the male side?

The automatic has an inhibitor switch wire that goes from the trans to the connector by the battery. The part connected to the trans looks like its just clamped it and the other end of the long wire is the connector.

MY QUESTIONS:
    1) Do I cut the inhibitor wires attached to the auto trans off? (all that I've read doesn't say anything about this which stops me in my tracks)
    2) If yes on 1, then am I connecting the correct wires in the group that was attached to the auto transmission then plugging it into the engine bay harness' inhibitor switch? Along with attaching the reverse lights on the 5spd to the auto trans wire?
    3) Or do I modify the female end by the battery?

If anyone has any more info on this (pics?? would be good too)..please set my head right.

Thanks!
    "Built by a girl, not bought with daddy's money"

bump for answers i need help with this all done minus electrical

Comment

I don't get a question, but.
      I plugged both (reverse and neutral) switches to body inhibitor connector (used connector from 84 headlamp motor). and nothing more - use fsm for pins location. negative stays common.
      no any issues.
      car starts in neutral (only)
      ascd works
      but... need to add clutch interruptor for ascd.
      Z31 JDM my way_google translated

Comment

Working...
      X