Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

metal cover in trunk on left side and spare tire floor replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal cover in trunk on left side and spare tire floor replacements?

So i have the usual rust on top of that metal cover in the trunk to the left of the gas tank. Does anyone know if you can still get a new one of these panels? Also Looking to see if any company make the replacement floor for the spare tire well.

Anyone?

Comment

Not available new anymore and the Z31 hasn't reached that point where aftermarket vendors offer sheet metal replacement panels like the S30 crowd.

Refinish/fix what you have or find better condition used parts.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
      1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
      2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Damn that's what I was afraid of. I feel stupid asking this but what is that panel for in the trunk? Is it gas tank or fuel pump access? Does it have a part number?

Comment

Mainly a sound deadener panel. Can be removed if you like. There are more of those type panels under the front carpet if you ever get to disassmble your car that far.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

Mainly a sound deadener panel. Can be removed if you like. There are more of those type panels under the front carpet if you ever get to disassmble your car that far. There are part numbers for them, but the parts are NLA, so they are useless these days.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

i realize this is an old thread, stumbledd on it. I had the same issue and I had a body shop gin me up a replacement for this many years ago...then they put anti-rust agent on it and has been great for 15 years since I did that.

Comment

Check out 300zxparts. Steve usually has some metal replacements.

Comment

good point if anybody has them it is Steve, but the body shop I was using rebuilt with stainless steel and has been very solid and wasn't much money to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X