headers????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers????????

hey i have been considering wiether to buy the nismo headers or msa headers for my z31. has anyone bought the nismo headers??? i'm trying to find out how good they are before i go off and buy them. i have read the msa headers have/or had a fitting problem. so if anyone has some ideas on these just let me kno thanx
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

I have used two sets of MSA headers and other than having to enlarge the bolt holes have had no problems with the installation.
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

does anyone know what the specs are for the MSA headers?

I know the Nismo headers are 1 5/8" primaries to 2" Y pipes that merge in a 2.5" collector

you can buy Nismo headers at http://www.amzperformance.com and http://www.nismoparts.com under the old school catalog

Comment

I just put a set of MSAs on that I bought used.
        Will get you the measurements when I get home.
        Passenger side runs a little close to everything.
        Still have to attached the "Y" pipe and waiting on my catback from the Certified Muffler Summer Sale.

A little off topic but for those running headers, what was the best protection for the wiring that runs close to the header on the passenger side?

Thinking of making a heat sheild somehow. On other boards, some just wrapped the wires in aluminium foil and zip tied out of the way.
        Selling left over z31 parts from an 85.

Comment

[quote=Andrevas]does anyone know what the specs are for the MSA headers?

I know the Nismo headers are 1 5/8" primaries to 2" Y pipes that merge in a 2.5" collector

I measured mine last night from the inside the "Y" and it goes from 2" to 2 1/4.

Comment

in other words it is equal to the nonturbo exhaust

Comment

G-E wrote: in other words it is equal to the nonturbo exhaust
              Well kind of...they will flow better than stock :wink:
              I picked them up for cheap and I had a cracked exhaust manifold so I had to throw something in there.

Comment

Working...
              X